Hong Kong is a fascinating destination that attracted over 58 million visitors in 2017. Featuring iconic skyscrapers, delicious gastronomy, and incredible nature reserves, Hong Kong is packed with surprises and a colorful culture.
As an Indian citizen, traveling to Hong Kong has become easier with the Hong Kong PAR. The Hong Kong pre-arrival registration for Indians will contribute to smoother travel. Furthermore, Citizens of India no longer need to apply for a visa at an embassy or consulate if the stay is for 14 days or less, they can register online for the Hong Kong online visa. The Hong Kong Immigration Department has announced Indian nationals will be required to complete an online pre-arrival registration (PAR); before they can continue to enjoy the current 14-day visa-free status in Hong Kong as visitors effective January 23, 2017.
Here is all the information you need to obtain the Hong Kong Pre-arrival registration:
- All Indian nationals who are holding the Indian passport with validity of at least six months and intend to visit or transit Hong Kong for a stay not exceeding 14 days need to apply for the Pre-arrival Registration (PAR).
- Holders of an Indian diplomatic or official passport or a Hong Kong Travel Pass are exempted from the requirement.
- PAR arrangement does not apply to visit visa for more than 14 days and Indian nationals coming to Hong Kong for other purposes such as; employment, training, study are still required to apply for the relevant visa.
- You can apply for a Hong Kong Pre-arrival Registration up to 4 to 6 weeks prior to your departure date.
- PAR is normally valid for six months or in accordance with the validity of the Indian passport, whichever is shorter. Even more, During the validity of PAR, the Indian passport holder can make multiple visits to Hong Kong; and permits the applicant to remain in Hong Kong for up to 14 days per arrival provided that the normal immigration requirements are met.
- Once granted, the PAR allows entry to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) just as one would normally use a visa.
- Successful applicants require a print out of the notification slip and carry this with them for immigration clearance upon arrival.
- The applicant can apply for a new registration only when the current registration has expired.
- Traveller who intends to enter the HKSAR for visit must fulfill normal immigration requirements; such as holding a valid passport, flight tickets, hotel reservation and sufficient funds to cover your trip in Hong Kong.
- Indian nationals do not require Pre-arrival registration, In case of direct transit by air and not leaving the airport transit area. Furthermore, to apply for pre-arrival registration an Indian national can make use of the online service free of charge.
- The PAR is generally processes within 24 hours from the date of online application.
- You should also check the information on the notification slip for any possible errors. All information on the notification slip must match exactly with the information on the passport. Any discrepancy will deem the notification slip as invalid.
- After receiving the PAR notification slip, you must sign the notification slip. You must also present the signed notification slip along with your original passport at the first port of entry in Hong Kong.